Providing a safe environment for our customers and team will always be our number one priority.
In the interests of team and customer safety, and as part of ongoing efforts to give customers access to the products they need, Bunnings have announced a number of additional changes to their stores.
What we're doing to help you shop safely:
We know our customers need access to products to maintain their homes and we want to stay open for our customers to make these items available, whilst also having measures in place to keep everyone safe.
Customers may already have noticed some changes in store, as we continue to put in place additional safety measures to help look after our teams and customers. These include:
- Increased cleaning in-store and for equipment such as counters, trolleys and baskets
- Providing teams with gloves and hand sanitiser
- Suspended sausage sizzles, family events, in-store and children’s activities
- Our playgrounds are closed
- Our cafe's are now open, as takeaway only
- Water fountains and trade coffee stations closed
- Less check-outs in operation
Bunnings stores will close at 7pm, Monday to Friday to enable team members to re-stock shelves and conduct a thorough clean of the store.
Physical Distancing Measures:
Here’s how we’re practising physical distancing in store:
- 1.5m floor markings at all checkouts for our customers
- Posters outside and around the store, with reminders for customers via PA announcements
- Rearranging in-store items to create 1.5m space for our customers and team members to keep their distance
- Requesting that customers use ‘Tap and Pay’ options as the preferred method of payment
- Limiting customer numbers in-store
There may be some delays in our busier stores, as we try to ensure physical distancing measures. It will be different from store to store and we will do the best we can to get everyone in and out as quickly as possible.
We encourage customers to shop online or use our contactless Drive and Collect service.
For customers who are self-isolating, we have a dedicated DIY Hotline service, where our team members will support you with DIY advice and phone ordering of Project Bunndles. You can call the DIY Hotline on 1800 560 771 from 7am – 6pm AEST Monday – Sunday (including public holidays).
For all of our other customers, please contact your nearest store.
Staying healthy during physical distancing
Adapting to physical distancing can be challenging, but we have current recommendations from multiple Australian health agencies to help you during this period. Find out more here.
Our teams are doing their best to serve our communities:
Our team are doing an incredible job working hard and doing their best to help customers get the products that they need. We ask customers to respect the space they keep and respect they show. We really appreciate everyone’s patience during this time.
We will continue to keep everyone informed of the additional precautionary steps we are taking through in store signage and we will keep this page relevant with the most up-to-date information that may affect our stores.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about the steps we are taking to protect our customers and team, you can contact us at www.halszx.com/contact-us or by calling 1800 803 037.